Rotary valve Technical document
About reference for rotary valve
In case the model is other than your specification, we select it, therefore contact us regarding following points.
1. Use : Pneumatic transfer（pressure feed/Suction feed）/Fix quantity supply/discharge from dust collector etc.
2. Amount of throughput（Discharge amount） : Volume against time [m3/h]/Mass against time [kg/h] etc.
3. Granule name, bulk density, particle size（particle radius）, temperature, moisture content, angle of repose, abrasion, adhesiveness etc.
4. Usage conditions : temperature and pressure of each of the upper and lower part
5. Mounting : diameter of bore where you wish to connect, round flange, JIS5K/JIS10K、square flange etc.
6. Model classification : General use /sanitary specifications etc.
7. Material : Iron/powder-contacting part stainless /special material etc.
8. Drive : direct motor drive /chain and sprocket etc.
9. Others : shaft seal, prohibited material, surface process like buffing etc., hard facing, dimensional constraints etc.
10. Coating specifications : Coating material, coating method, Coating color etc.
11. Motor specifications : Power-supply voltage, frequency, indoor/outdoor, fixed rotations /variable speed, non-explosion-proof/ explosion-proof etc.
Precautions at the time of planning
If you are studying Rotary valve from usage point of view, mainly consider following points.
1. At times standard Rotary Valve cannot comply depending on the nature of the handling powder and granules such as abrasive, adhesive, sticky, clogging etc.
Select the model considering experience of the customer.
2. We are standardizing 1 larger rank rotor than the connecting port diameter.
Due to this it is possible to secure rotor blades simultaneously with the number of seals and cover the required volume at a comparatively slow speed.
Refer discharging efficiency table.
3. Rotor filling efficiency differs depending on the nature of granular or powder , pressure conditions etc.
Therefore in case of fix rotation plan, it is not possible to conform to required discharge quantity.
If you want to adjust discharge quantity during operation, then adopt inverter or motor with variable speed reducer.
4. While using rotary valve in pneumatic transfer,
add air leak amount of rotary valve to air amount of air source machine.
5. As far as layout planning of rotary valve is concerned, depending on the dimensional variation due to temperature variation of devices installed above and below, see to it that excess stress is not on the rotary valve.
6. As rotary valve requires proper maintenance and inspection,
plan installation of maintenance deck etc., if carrying out work on the floor is not possible.